Sunday, January 29, 2012

Whats for dinner??

I hate deciding whats for dinner... i hate more when I the hubby asks whats for dinner and has no idea what he wants. I usually would be too tired to figure it out and when I would I would be missing one vital ingredient. So one of my goals I set for this year is to make a menu so I make dinner more. I grocery shop every two weeks so I plan 10 dinners... one night a week I work so Eric eats leftovers or frozen pizza or whatever else he cooks himself, and we usually eat out one night a week too with our busy schedules.I've been trying to put together a menu board for the kitchen, here is my idea of what I want to do from Pintrest. I just need to find the right chalkboard to hang on the side of my fridge. 
My 10 dinners for the week:
Beef stir fry
Chicken and broccoli casserole 
Taco salad
Crockpot beef stroganoff
Chicken Parmesan
Enchiladas
Crockpot french dip
Chicken Alfredo
Crockpot chicken tortilla soup
Meatloaf
As you can see I LOVE cooking with the crockpot. After a long day of school and work coming home and just having to cook some sides is soo easy! Whats for dinner at your house this week?? 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I want your crock pot tortilla soup recipe, that sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its pretty simple I got it from my mother in law
    1 can tomatoe bisque soup
    2 cans cream of chicken
    1 can tomatoe soup
    4 chicken breast cooked and cubed
    1 tsp cumin- I don't add this
    1/4 tsp garlic powder or salt
    2tbl chopped cilantro
    1 soup can full of milk
    1 cup chicken broth
    Pinto beans I use 2 or 3 cans
    2tlb mined onion- I use frozen from the bag
    Throw it in crockpot and let simmer 6 hours serve with tortilla chips top with shredded cheese and cilantro

    This recipe makes ALOT I usually half it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Let me know if you end up finding a cute chalkboard. I menu plan for 2 Weeks at a time, too, and I love it. I hate grocery shopping, and if I have dinners pre-planned I am more likely to cook at home instead of eating out. let's have dinner together soon!

    ReplyDelete